Eugenie Bouchard and the United States Tennis Association reached a resolution on Friday that ended her lawsuit over a fall at the 2015 United States Open.
The terms of the settlement were confidential.
“It’s been two-and-a-half years, so I’m happy it’s over,” Bouchard said.
Bouchard slipped on a cleaning substance that had been applied to the trainer’s room’s tile floor and sustained a concussion that forced her to withdraw from the 2015 tournament. She did not play a complete match for the rest of that season.
She was seeking damages for her physical and emotional suffering in the lawsuit, as well as lost earnings on and off the court.
Bouchard won the initial liability phase of the trial in a verdict handed down on Thursday, though the jury said that she bore 25 percent of the comparative negligence for her injury. That meant that the U.S.T.A. would have had to pay her only 75 percent of whatever settlement the jury would have awarded to Bouchard.
“I feel vindicated that I got the verdict yesterday,” Bouchard said. “Just relief and happiness right now.”
Alan Kaminsky, the lawyer representing the tennis association, also expressed satisfaction at the resolution.
“I’m just pleased the U.S.T.A. and Ms. Bouchard were able to resolve their differences,” he said. “We certainly wish Ms. Bouchard all the very best.”
Benedict Morelli, Bouchard’s lawyer, said: “When people attack you and attack your name, you get affected by that. When you’re resolving it, you want to make sure you can live with it.”
“She’s pleasantly living with it,” Morelli added.
Bouchard’s next tournament will be in Indian Wells in March. She is currently ranked 116th, well outside the ranking cutoff for the main draw, but said she’s hoping to receive a wild card.